Father of three dies after getting bitten attempting to remove venomous snake from childcare

In World

[ad_1]

An investigation is underway after a father of three died from a snake bite while trying to remove an eastern brown from a childcare center.

Jerromy Brookes, 47, died of a cardiac arrest after attempting the remove at the center in Townsville on Tuesday.

It has now emerged that Brookes was not a qualified snake catcher raising questions about why he was attempting the dangerous removal.

Workplace Health and Safety Queensland has now launched an investigation into the incident, 7News reported.

An investigation is underway after a father of three died from a snake bite while trying to remove an eastern brown from a childcare center. Facebook/Narelle Brookes

“Workplace Health and Safety Queensland (WHSQ) is investigating an incident that occurred at a business in Townsville,” a spokesperson told 7NEWS.com.au.

“As this is a current investigation, WHSQ is not able to provide further information at this time.”

Queensland Ambulance Service acting district director Paula Marten said Brookes drove to his Deeragun home but he soon went into cardiac arrest.

Jerromy Brookes, 47, died of a cardiac arrest after attempting the remove at the center in Townsville on Tuesday.
Facebook/Narelle Brookes

His wife performed CPR until paramedics arrived and he was rushed to hospital, but he could not be saved.

“(He) was found to be in cardiac arrest by our crews,” Marten said.

“The call was made by the patient’s wife, who then commenced CPR as the patient went into cardiac arrest.

“The information provided to us was that the gentleman had been bitten in a different location and attended back to his residence, where his wife has immobilised his arm and wrapped it, when the onset of the symptoms occurred.”

Brookes leaves behind a wife and three children.

Marten said snake bites were common in North Queensland but they were rarely fatal.

Brookes leaves behind a wife and three children. Facebook/Narelle Brookes

“When you’re bitten by a snake and you’re not aware of snakes, treat them as if they are venomous,” she said.

“It’s really important that you stay calm and keep the person calm.

“Apply basic first aid, which would be immobilisation and using compression bandages, and contact triple-0.

“If you are unsure about what first aid measures to take, call triple-0, and they will walk you through what you need to do for the patient.”

Workplace Health and Safety Queensland has now launched an investigation into the incident, according to reports. Facebook/Narelle Brookes

Brookes is believed to be the first person to die from a snake bite this year in Australia.

In January, a woman in her 20s was bitten by an eastern brown while she slept on her rural south Queensland property.

Paramedics were called to the Glenmorgan home, about 380 kilometres west of Brisbane, just before 1am.

Two people died from suspected eastern brown snake bites in Australia last year.

-With NCA Newswire

[ad_2]

Read More: Father of three dies after getting bitten attempting to remove venomous snake from childcare

You may also read!

‘Wow … LOL’: Text messages from ex-MEMA head point to lack of urgency during Lahaina

HONOLULU (HawaiiNewsNow) - The state Attorney General’s Office just released part one of its sprawling investigation into the

Read More...

Dozens of pro-Palestinian protesters arrested as Columbia clears encampment

More than 100 pro-Palestinian protesters have been arrested on the campus of New York’s Columbia University as police

Read More...

Leave a reply:

Your email address will not be published.

deluna188
situs judi bola
slot777
https://ele.maswaingapu.sch.id/