Drew Barrymore‘s stalker Chad Michael Busto is released from prison for a second time as the hapless district attorney said could not be held on bail because ‘it is not an eligible offense.’
Busto, 43, was arrested on Friday night after he tried to bust into Emma Watson‘s dressing room during New York Fashion Week, but the creeper is already out on supervised release after he was charged last week with two counts of disorderly conduct, one count of trespassing and one count of criminal trespass in the third degree.
The move comes less than a month after Busto was freed by a Southhampton judge after he was arrested and charged with fourth-degree after stalking actress Drew Barrymore. Busto turned up at the star’s Hamptons home on August 23 two days after confronting her at a live event at the 92nd Street Y.
Busto, who failed to show at a fitting for his GPS monitor earlier this month now has an active warrant for his arrest, a Suffolk County representative confirmed with DailyMail.com.
Social media users have claimed Busto is known to target female celebrities including Amber Heard. Someone named ‘C. Michael Busto’ was booted from a Facebook fan group for the actress for ‘sexual harassment,’ ‘threats,’ and ‘stalking,’ the Daily Beast reported.
Arrested: Chad Michael Busto, 43, who has been accused of stalking Drew Barrymore, has been arrested after an incident at New York Fashion Week in which he was looking for actress Emma Watson, 33. Busto was pictured following a court hearing in the Hamptons August 25
Busto was looking for Watson in the incident Friday; he is also dealing with the legal fallout from multiple incidents involving Barrymore. Watson was pictured in NYC last week
Busto has a long criminal history, including an arrest in Santa Monica
Busto has a ‘long criminal history, including an arrest in Santa Monica.’
According to multiple police reports, Busto’s criminal record dates back to June of 1999 and as recently as January of 2022.
Among the crimes listed on his record – spread over multiple states – included harassment, criminal trespass, resisting arrest, indecent exposure, disorderly conduct and theft, a report said.
On August 21, Busto confronted Barrymore at an event at the 92nd Street Y during an interview with Reneé Rapp.
At the event, according to the New York Post, Busto shouted at Barrymore, ‘You know who I am! I need to see you at some point while you’re in New York!’
Busto was restrained from the stage by a guard on the premises as Rapp led Barrymore off the stage.
Two days later, he was taken into custody after he trespassed at the talk show host’s nearby luxury $6 million property in Sagaponeck.
Officials said that he was seen scouring the Hamptons neighborhood looking for Barrymore’s home. The 48-year-old actress was not at the residence at the time he was apprehended, sources said.
In an August 25 hearing at Southampton Town Justice Court, Judge Barbara Wilson released Busto – who was charged with misdemeanor fourth-degree stalking in the incident at her home – under the condition he be fitted with a GPS tracker.
In the hearing, Busto told the court he was bankrupt and looking to live at a shelter. He said he was due to appear at a September 3 hearing in Texas in a federal court.
Fourth-degree stalking is not a bail-qualifying offense.
On Friday night, Busto was arrested again after he went looking for British star, Emma Watson, 33, at one of the fashion shows during New York Fashion week, TMZ reported.
Busto reportedly entered a room at the Brooklyn Navy Yard located at 63 Flushing Avenue around 7:40pm demanding to see the Harry Potter star that was bustling with models and makeup artists.
He shouted at onlookers as he pledged his love for the A-list celebrity.
‘I want to marry Emma Watson. Let me speak to Emma Watson,’ he reportedly said. ‘Let me take a photo with Emma Watson.’
Management called police and Busto was taken into custody and charged with two counts of disorderly conduct, one counts of trespassing and one count of criminal trespass in the third degree, according to a complaint obtained by DailyMail.com.
Several fashion shows were being held at the Navy Yard on Friday including, famed designer Ralph Lauren.
Though it is unclear if Watson was in the dressing room or at the fashion show during the ambush, the news outlet reported.
The Brooklyn DA’s office said that Busto was held overnight at central booking after his arrest and was arraigned this week at Brooklyn Court before his release.
Busto is being represented by Jessica Kovac, an attorney with Legal Aid Brooklyn. And, Brooklyn Justice Initiative is handling Busto’s supervised release.
When DailyMail.com reached out to Kovac she did not respond to our request for comment.
A Suffolk County representative told DailyMail.com on Thursday that they were aware of Busto’s latest offense.
‘Brooklyn is out of our jurisdiction and we were unable to pursue the defendant due to the bail laws on a misdemeanor,’ a rep said.
They did confirm though the warrant for his arrest on was still active.
Busto’s next court date is October 10 at Kings County Criminal Court in Brooklyn, for the Watson case, The New York Post reported.
In an August 25 hearing at Southampton Town Justice Court, Judge Barbara Wilson released Busto – who was charged with misdemeanor fourth-degree stalking in the incident at her home – under the condition he be fitted with a GPS tracker
Busto was charged with two counts of trespassing and two counts of disorderly conduct in connection with the incident Friday
Drew’s stunning $7 million Hamptons home is pictured
Busto told DailyMail.com that he had crossed paths with Barrymore around 10 years ago, and was hoping to be in a romance with her.
A source close to Barrymore said that the actress was not rattled by the disturbing series of events.
‘Drew feels good, feels safe, and even at the moment, it happened so fast she was OK and didn’t stress about it,’ the source said. ‘She has moved on from the incident as she knows that people were there to protect her.’
The source continued: ‘The one thing she didn’t want to happen was to make the incident the thing that was remembered for the night, so she forgot about it as soon as it was over, and she continued talking to Renee and revert the attention back to the conversation, that is what was important for Drew.
‘She is not going to change the way she runs her life and protects herself, all those things are and have been set for her during her entire life, and she doesn’t want anyone to worry about her wellb
Though it is unclear what Barrymore’s reaction is in wake of the lastest news on Busto, a source told DailyMail.com during last month’s incident that Barrymore is in good spirits and does not want to change the way she lives her life after the scary incident.
‘Drew feels good, feels safe, and even at the moment, it happened so fast she was OK and didn’t stress about it. She has moved on from the incident as she knows that people were there to protect her,’ the source said.
When DailyMail.com reached out to Barrymore’s agent and legal team on Thursday to find out how the star was doing in wake of the latest news on her alleged-stalker they did not hear back.