Credit for the chart idea itself goes to the St. Louis Fed. I downloaded the data and created my own charts to better hone in on the data.
Year-Over-Year Inflation Seven Countries Detail
The EU lags badly when it comes to reporting most data releases. Data for the above charts is only through September.
Scroll to Continue
- Inflation in the US was the first to peak.
- US inflation peaked in June at 9.06 percent and is currently (through September) at 8.20 percent.
- Inflation in France peaked at the lowest rate, 6.08 percent.
- France also has the lowest current rate of 5.55 percent.
- Inflation in Germany is 9.99 percent and still rising
- Inflation in Italy is 8.87 percent and still rising
- Inflation in Spain was the highest peak so far at 10.77 percent
- Inflation in the UK is 8.80 percent matching the July high.
- Inflation in Canada peaked at 8.13 percent and is now 6.86 percent,
This post originated at MishTalk.Com.
Thanks for Tuning In!
Subscribers get an email alert of each post as they happen. Read the ones you like and you can unsubscribe at any time.
If you have subscribed and do not get email alerts, please check your spam folder.